Wednesday, July 11, 2007

On location in the Big Easy...

I've been here since Saturday afternoon...eating, driving around, venturing into all sorts of places and neighborhoods to bring you, dear reader, what's going on in the city of New Orleans now. Sunday was church, Monday was a recovery day from driving all day Saturday, Tuesday...Tuesday began the adventure. My wife is in class during the day so I get to take my trusty map and go for a drive. Tuesday morning found me sweating myself silly at the Crescent City Farmers Market Tuesday market. Creole tomatoes, okra, eggplant, late season peaches and blueberries, heritage chickens and eggs, grass fed beef, flowers and plants galore were present at this event. I was rather enthralled with shopping and exploring I didn't get pictures - but there wasn't much of a picturesque nature - lots of sunshine and sweat and veggies. Tuesday lunch was supposed to come from Cafe Freret but they are closed until Friday (never fear, gentle souls, I'm going back on Friday to get this.) Today was even more fun. Instead of taking my wife to class she drove herself (we're staying with her parents) and I drove to Avery Island...home of the deliciously spicy Tabasco sauce. The island is also home to a "Jungle Garden" that is beautiful. I'll post pictures later and talk about the tour. No one has been forgotten...I think tomorrow might be a recovery day and time to catch up on my reading. Until later...

No comments: