Monday, July 23, 2007

MAC's

No...that's not Mac's...it's MAC - Moves, Adds, Changes. Sunday lunch didn't happen yesterday...which was really fine with me...I turned up a tad short on some important ingredients. So...we went to our pastor's house...always fun, always loud. I took along the butter and French loaf half (which were crowd favorites) and a jar of jam just for the pastor's wife (who promptly hid it in the fridge for her own enjoyment later, which was my whole intent). We finished lunch and returned home to continue packing (something I had forgotten how much I really dislike). I involved my wife in baking bread for the week...I baked my spin on pain ordinaire from the Village Baker. I used some white wheat flour in place of all white. I baked it in two batards and over half of one of them is gone now. I think we might devour the other half tonight. The butter on the bread is some of what's left of the batch I cultured and whipped. Wonderful stuff...

1 comment:

shelley said...

What beautiful bread --- not to mention DELICIOUS!! I love how it just melts in your mouth! Fabulous job! We can definately bake this one again. :)