Sunday, August 12, 2007

New location, new starter, new direction...

So we made it safely to New Orleans. Let me say this much. I've moved multiple times in my life. I've never enjoyed it. I can tell you I enjoyed it even less driving the truck pulling a trailer at 4 am with semis screaming past on either side. I left indentions in the steering wheel.

I tried the barm/boiled grain starter thing...my starter didn't like it. I had to toss it for the move and have started another...I'm using organic flour and it seems to be more active faster.

So...a mildly new direction for this blog. I have had arrangements made for me to get some cooking lessons from a friend of my inlaws who are true Cajuns. I'm excited...I know that no two kitchens do things alike but learning from someone who grew up on this cuisine will be better than some restaurants take. I think I want to merge/fuse it with Classical French - a la La Bonne Cuisine by Madame Saint-Ange and French Bistro. Somewhere in the back of my head I can get a picture of a really unique and delicious spin. I'll be posting more as time goes on. Since I'm searching for work my time is relatively free...hopefully I can devote some time to catching up on this and other minor projects.

1 comment:

ostwestwind said...

Hope you use your new starter to join BBD #03
http://ostwestwind.twoday.net/stories/4040930/